How To Style Malawi Chairs
Boho-chic, summer casual, retro or Hamptons-inspired – no matter how you’ve chosen to decorate your living space, a Malawi chair will always blend in perfectly. That’s because, thanks to their elegant handcrafted design and naturally woven look, they’re wonderfully versatile. So whether you want to tuck one into a cosy corner or make a statement with six around a dining table, your Malawi chairs will always feel right at home.
Of course, the key to having your Malawi chairs fit seamlessly with the rest of your décor is styling. Let’s take a look at how best to style your chairs in each room of your home, so you can start creating your picture-perfect living space.
- Bedroom. No more piling laundry and other clutter on your bedroom chair – Malawi chairs are statement-worthy pieces that deserve to be seen! Drape a throw over the back, accessorise with a gorgeous cushion, and you’ll have the perfect place to sit, drink coffee, read a book or just relax. It’s the me-time you deserve, in a chair that’s just as fabulous as you are.
- Lounge. Pull up a Malawi chair or two in your loungeand create a point of difference in comparison with your sofa – different fabrics, materials and textures all blending together in just the right combination of casual-chic. Add upholstered cushion bases to your Malawi chairs in a similar colour scheme to the rest of your loungeor make them pop with bright scatter cushions in complementary colours – the choice is yours. Either way you’ll have comfortable seatingand an endless talking point.
- Hallway. A hallway isn’t a hallway unless it features a Malawi chair – the perfect occasional chair and a point of interest in an otherwise largely functional space. If your hallway is generous enough, consider adding colourful artwork, a plant, or even a small side table with one or two quirky ornaments. Hallways aren’t just for walking down anymore – they’re living spaces all their ownand a Malawi chair is the perfect finishing touch.
- Dining room. If you want to make a statement with your Malawi chairs, there’s no better place than your dining room. Forget traditional wooden chairs or bulky upholstered seating – instead, create a casual, summery feel all year round with an elegant set of Malawi chairs. Match the colour of your chairs to your dining table for an all-in-one colour scheme or create contrast with dark chairs and a light-coloured table, or vice versa. Natural coloured chairs work well with wood and glass, while rustic table decorations and simple crockery choices complete the look. And don’t forget about lighting either – a warm, intimate glow and an inviting atmosphere will have your guests staying long past their bedtime.
- Outdoors. If you have an outdoor space that’s covered or protected from the elements, a seating area with Malawi chairs is the way to go. Add a large glass table for the inevitable drinks and snacks, perhaps complement with an outdoor sofa for extra seating, and fill the space with standing plants and other greenery to create your own personal conservatory. An outdoor heater and cosy throws will keep you warm on cooler nights, and fairy lights will add a touch of magic to every occasion. It’s casual, elegant living at its best, both day and night.